Gooseberry Mint Jelly recipe perfect with Oaks Barn Farm Lamb
Serve with hot or cold lamb. Note: This is not a clear jelly.
1 kg (2 lb) green gooseberries warmed
12 large mint sprigs
1. There is no need to top and tail the gooseberries.
2. Put them in a preserving pan with water to cover and simmer until pulpy.
3. Strain through a jelly bag, then measure the liquid: to each 600 ml (1 pint) add 450 g (l lb) sugar.
4. Stir to dissolve the sugar, then add the mint, tied in a bundle, and boil until setting point is reached.
5. Remove the mint and pot as usual.
makes about 450 g (l lb)